Child Relocation & Move-Away

Scottsdale Child Custody Lawyer

Child Relocation Attorney serving Cave Creek and Northeast Maricopa County, AZ

At the Belt Law Firm, we have seen countless cases involving scenarios like this: You are a divorced parent in Cave Creek and have a new job opportunity. You want to take the job but you are also the children’s primary caregiver; the parenting time and custody arrangement with the children’s other parent is no longer going to work: because your job opportunity requires a move out of Arizona. Can you modify the child custody arrangement that you and your former partner had agreed upon? Yes. Contact a child relocation attorney for details on how this can be done legally.

Sometimes known as “parental relocation disputes,” these cases present serious risks for the parent intending to move away. If you don’t follow the Arizona relocation requirements or get the court’s expressed consent to move the children away—thus altering the other parent’s visitation opportunities—you cannot move away without facing criminal charges: child abduction or interference with another’s parental rights may be filed against you. This doesn’t have to happen. Call Scottsdale child custody lawyer, John C. Belt for the guidance you will need to abide by the law.

If you are an Arizona parent who wants to prevent your children from being moved, call us.

We can also help if you want to protest your former partner’s decision to move.  There may be no bigger obstacle to your parent-child relationship than living far away from your child.  When you call us at 480-837-3600 you will have the benefit of experienced legal representation to help you fight for the best interests of your child and for you to remain closely in that child’s life. If you want to move or protest the move, Mr. Belt has experience on both sides of such disputes.

For dependable advice about the enforcement or modification of parental rights and obligations established by court order, contact the Belt Law Firm in Scottsdale.  No matter which side of the parental relocation dispute you are on, your family law attorney will advise you on the best way to advocate for your child’s best interests. Call 480-837-3600 for the experienced and compassionate legal guidance you need.